If your dad is an outdoorsman, buying him a gift doesn’t have to be a daunting test of how to find the one thing he doesn’t have and will actually want.
We know that a love of the outdoors has quite a spectrum. From hunting trips out to the mountains to simply finding an excuse to spend an entire Saturday out in the yard grilling, we understand that the adventurous dad is agile and spontaneous.
Even if you think the man has enough hiking boots to outfit him for a lifetime, we’ve get a few unexpected outdoor gifts here as well. Whatever you choose, here are 10 great gifts to get you thinking for the dad who loves his time outside.
The first gift on our list is perfect for your mountain man! We absolutely LOVE these signed, limited edition, fine art nature prints from Kerem Hanci Photography. So, bring the beauty of the outdoors inside to brighten up any space!
* Purchase through our affiliate links and help keep our lights on without any extra expense to you!
Merrell’s Glove 4 Trail Runners
Price: $83.80 – $180.00*
Minimal look. Maximum performance. This barefoot shoe has a sock-like feel for a locked-down fit, plus a Vibram® sole for lightly cushioned performance.
- Mesh and TPU upper
- Breathable mesh lining
- TrailProtect™ pad offers underfoot protection
- Vibram® TC5+ outsole
- Stack height (heel/toe): 11.5/11.5mm; footbed: 0mm; insole: 3mm; midsole:
- 4/4mm; sole: 1.5 web, 3mm lugs
- Weight: 8oz/230G (1/2 pair)
Diamondback Catch 2 Mountain Bike
Price: $2,623.93 – $3,500.00 *
Designed for riders who are looking to push their limits, or just want to try out something new, this bike offers efficient pedaling with extra grip from fatter tires.
- Tried and true aluminum for the frame
- Modern geometry that enhances the bike’s go-anywhere vibe
- RockShox Pike
- SRAM Level T brakes
- KS LEV dropper post
VSSL Flask + Flashlight
The VSSL Flask was specifically designed to help you celebrate the summit, an epic pow day, or good friends around a fire.
- Carry 10 ounces of your favorite beverage, two stainless steel collapsible shot glasses, and a custom VSSL bottle opener on your adventure.
- The Flask has been infused/lined with glass because it’s the best material to preserve the taste & quality of your beverage; BPA free, no metallic taste, no toxins or chemicals.
- Military spec aluminum you can depend on wherever the wilderness will take you; ideal compact size of 9 inches by 2 inches allows you to bring it with you anytime and all the time without weighing you down; assembled in Canada.
- Dual mode (static and SOS) LED ‘flood’ beam lantern light, illuminates a large area (3 Energizer E90 batteries included for about 40 hours of continuous flashlight operation).
Bradley Mountain Day Pack
- Body size rolled: H 17″ x W 10″ X D 4.5″
- Body size unrolled: H 23″ x W 10″ X D 4.5″
- Front Zipper Pocket: H 8″ X W 8″ X D 1.25″
- Heavy waxed canvas and oiled leather
- Solid brass and copper hardware
- 100% handmade in-house in San Diego, California
Solo Stove Bonfire
Solo Stove Bonfire, the world’s most unique fire pit, pushes the limits of both combustion airflow efficiency and minimalist outdoor design with its all stainless steel construction.
- Double wall design maximizes airflow and burning process. Bottom vent holes allow oxygen to the feed the fire from below while simultaneously channeling warm oxygen up between the walls of the stove and back into the fire
- A more complete burn means little to no smoke. It also means no more half burnt logs to deal with
- Heavy duty carry case included. Size: 14″ tall, 19.5″ diameter
Sea to Summit X
For the adventurous dad who likes to keep his gear organized!
- Two piece set includes: X Mug, X Bowl and an Ultra-Sil® & mesh zippered pouch
- Three piece set includes: X Mug, X Bowl, X Plate and an Ultra-Sil® & mesh zippered pouch
- Lightweight and durable 3-series, hard anodized aluminum base
- Food grade, heat resistant silicone walls
- Translucent lid gives visibility to what’s cooking and has a handy built in strainer
Hydro Flask Insulated True Pint
The Hydro Flask 16 oz True Pint keeps your favorite libations frosty cold from the first sip to the last drop.
- Enhanced lip for the perfect beer drinking experience
- 18/8 stainless steel means your beer will always taste exactly the way it is intended to
- Easy stacking and fuses stainless steel vacuum insulated performance with look and feel of a traditional pint glass
- Signature powder coat finish and a lifetime warranty
The Wave is hands down our most popular multi-tool. With larger knives, longer wire cutters, and all-locking blades, the redesigned Wave is perfect for any job, adventure, or everyday task your adventurous dad may have to tackle.
- Needlenose and regular pliers, hard and regular wire cutters, wire stripper, plain and serrated knives, saw, spring-action scissors, ruler, can and bottle openers, wood/metal file, diamond-coated file, small and large bit drivers, and medium screwdriver
- Only requires one hand to open and use all the tools
- 25-year limited warranty
Cotopaxi Fuego LT Down Jacket
The lighter, season-jumping down jacket that is exceptionally lightweight, breathable, and provide the right amount of insulation from fall through early summer.
- 950-fill responsibly sourced, water-resistant goose down
- 20D mini-ripstop nylon lining
- Polartec® Alpha® Direct underarm insulation
- Elastic binding at cuffs and hem
- Two interior stash pockets
- Unlined zippered hand pockets
Orvis Helios 3
Designed with one key objective in mind—accuracy for the adventurous dad. The blank is constructed to make loading easy, so that the rod generates line speed super quickly, requiring fewer false casts.
- Helios 3D 9′ 5-wt.
- Reel seat is type III anodized aluminum Midnight black w/Matte Midnight carbon insert
- REC recoil snake guides
- SiC/titanium stripping guides
Not what you were looking for? Here are 80 more outdoorsy gift ideas!
*All listed prices were confirmed at time of publish and are subject to change.
Jennifer Fontaine is the founder of Outdoor Families Magazine, publisher of MommyHiker.com, a blog to encourage outdoor activities with children, and an activist filmmaker inspiring dynamic change in the world.
Karen Ung (@playoutsidegal) says
OMG that fishing rod!!!!!