Outdoor Families Magazine is offering our most comprehensive outdoor gift guide ever. Outdoor gift ideas for hikers? Check! Outdoor gifts for backpackers? Check! Family gift ideas for campers? Yeah! Outdoor gift ideas for boys? Yep! How about gifts for outdoorsy girls? You betcha! The goal? To make sure you can find the best outdoor family gifts for everyone on your list, from trail runners and fort builders to backpackers and mountain bikers.
It’s safe to say we could all benefit from getting outdoors on an adventurous family vacation. Taking a look back, we saw the magical importance of practicing Japanese forest bathing after researchers proved that a leisurely (screen-free) walk in the woods boosts vitamin N, lowers stress levels, boosts the immune system, and just makes any adventurous family feel supremely better. We don’t need science to back this up, though. In fact, a few of our friends and family fear we may pack up and go full-on “Walden” on them, at a moment’s notice.
| Related: Printable Family Car Camping Checklist |
We know you’re here because you love to gather together outdoors, but before that, there is gear to be patched, outdoor adventure trips to prepare for, and STEM-learning curriculum to plan. These outdoor family gift ideas aren’t just suited to the solo teenage thru-hiker, or the 3000-mile family trekkers. Below, you’ll find our family travel gift ideas for outdoor enthusiasts we’re sure your entire family will love.
We all get outside in our own unique way, and so we have curated thoughtful outdoor gifts with a range of adventure-inclined folk in mind (yes, we’re looking at you, glampers!). We’ve got gift ideas for car-camping families, too, like a top ten best family camping tents that go for under $100. Whatever type of nature immersion you seek, this year’s best outdoor family gifts will get you trail-ready, rain or shine.
Show your Outdoor Family spirit and stay hydrated during all your outdoor adventures with our custom #OutdoorFamilies stainless steel, portable water bottle. See the entire line of #OutdoorFamilies products, including a coffee mug, an eco-friendly reusable shopping bag, and a beautiful, ceramic holiday tree ornament!
- 24 oz. bottle.
- Made with 18/8 stainless steel.
- Height: 10.8″ Weight: 10 oz.
- 100% BPA free.
- Comes with a threaded lid.
- Lightweight and durable; crack proof, spill proof.
- Hand wash only. Not recommended for dishwasher.
- Does not give beverages a plastic taste.
- Safe for refrigerator, but not freezer.
- Certified free of harmful chemicals
* Purchase through our affiliate links and help keep our lights on without any extra expense to you!
80+ Best Outdoor Family Gift Ideas
Kerem Hanci Photography
The first gift on our outdoor family gifts list is for everyone; the wild child, the nature lover, the outdoor admirer! We absolutely LOVE these signed, limited edition, fine art nature prints from Kerem Hanci Photography. So, bring the beauty of the outdoors inside to brighten up any space!
2. The Best Outdoorsy Necklace
Silver Mountain Peak Pendant Women’s Necklace
This Mountain Peak Pendant necklace, is the perfect gift for the outdoorsy woman in your life. Its delicate and minimalist snow-packed peaks whisper to any nature lover, “the mountains are calling.”
- Handmade item
- Solid sterling silver
- Length: 18 inches
- Closure: Lobster claw
- Style: Minimalist
- Chain style: Cable
- Delivered in a beautiful organza gift bag
Your Adventurous kid can build a mega fort with this set of 18 Stick-let connectors. Made to turn one of kids’ most time-honored, favorite, renewable toys—the stick—into a building toy.
- Set of 18 connectors for kids constructing with sticks made of flexible silicone
- Comprehensive building kit
- Build forts, toys, animal habitats, geometric shapes, and more
- Connector colors include: 3 Birch Bark White, 3 Grasshopper Green, 3 Huckleberry Blue, 3 Starfish Red, 3 Pardon My Purple, and 3 Monarch Orange
- Great for 1–2 builders, includes tote bag and pamphlet
This wooden building set is a beautiful over-sized heirloom puzzle blocks set that is absolutely stunning. It is a puzzle to solve or a large building blocks set.
- Represents the 4 Elements: Air, Fire, Earth, & Water
- Combine well with other building blocks, especially the other “4×4” (4 cm thick) blocks from Grimm’s
- Includes wooden tray to use as a building platform or for storage when playtime is over; tray measures 18-inches square
- Handcrafted in Germany from sustainably harvested natural wood and finished with certified safe, non-toxic, water based dyes (no worrisome paint or lacquer)
This simple Newtonian reflector telescope on a rotating tabletop stand makes it easy to view the night sky. FirstScope is a perfect option for any entry-level astronomer.
- 76mm aperture reflector optical tube
- Quality Dobsonian-style telescope features a 76 millimeter optical tube with enough light gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects like the rings of Saturn and the Orion Nebula
- Moveable tube for ease of navigation for viewing
- Lightweight, portable
- Two eyepieces included
Turn any environment into a playground with this slackline designed as a complete kit specifically for beginners. Featuring static-style material with rubber grip, an overhead guide line with arm trainer and carry bag, the Play Line makes learning simple. Read our full review of Play Line’s Beginner Slackline Kit.
- Fully adjustable and easily installed between any sturdy anchor points
- Includes slackline, ratchet tensioner, tree protection, help line, and carry bag
- Comes with 8 feet of webbing and a reinforced loop to firmly anchor and tension the slackline
- Beginner webbing with rubber grip is optimized for quick and easy learning
There’s no need for a hammer and nails in order to have a great backyard treehouse! The award-winning TreePod brings the magic of a treehouse fort to your adventurous kid and families everywhere. Read our full review of the TreePod.
- Attaches to any hanging point using durable webbing and a steel quicklink; The fabric is treated with a durable water repellent and a UV-coating for additional sun protection
- Features a zip-up door and mesh windows offering a ready-to-use hideaway adventurous kid will adore while effectively keeping bugs, debris, and foul weather out
- Designed so it can be taken down quickly and tag along anywhere; Ideal for camping, neighborhood parks, play dates, or BBQs
- Fully set up, the TreePod is 7.5ft (2.28m) tall by 5ft (1.52m) wide; Maximum weight capacity is 500lbs (226kg); Kit includes the Pod, sewn guy-lines, frame poles, steel quicklink, and ground stakes
If you want to give your child the responsibility of wearing their own pack, the Deuter Climber kids backpack is a great starter pack. Also, check out our complete guide to backpacking with kids before you set out into the wilds of the backcountry.
- Ripstop 210 / Microrip-Nylon
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT – Soft hip fins are compact, delivering a reliable fit and good load transfer; S-shaped Soft-Edge shoulder straps relieve neck strain; Chest strap features an emergency whistle; 10-17 in torso length
- ALPINE BACK SYSTEM – Deuter’s Alpine back system pairs comfort and ventilation with exceptional balance and control; Focused on a compact, secure fit that lets backpackers tackle tough terrain with confidence, the anatomical design of the Alpine system follows the wearer’s movements and maintains loads close to their center of gravity; Channel between 2 flexible softstripe back pads allows greater airflow
- SPECIFICATIONS – Constructed from lightweight, durable Ripstop 210 and Microrip Nylon; Waterproof PU coating; Weight: 1lb 7oz (0.7kg). Volume: 22 L. Load Capacity: 18lb (8kg). Dimensions: 20 x 11 x 8 in.
A large backcountry camping backpack that fits well when loaded makes a world of difference when backpacking with kids. And trust us when we say not all backcountry camping backpacks are made equal when it comes to properly conforming to a woman’s needs. But, the Osprey Ariel does, making it the perfect outdoor gift.
- Anti-gravity technology
- IsoForm5 harness and CM hipbelt
- Internal compression belt
- Zippered hipbelt pockets
For family backpackers looking for an affordable and well-built, family backcountry tent that’ll hold up for seasons to come, TETON Sports offers the Mountain Ultra collection, a great outdoor gift for the camper in your life.
- EXCEPTIONAL TENT, AFFORDABLE PRICE: Easy one person set up; Built to last; Pitched size 98x83x59 inches (249x211x150 cm); Trail weight 7.8 pounds (3.5 kg); Pack weight 9.5 pounds (4.3 kg)
- ROOM WITH A VIEW: Full screen tent made with soft, durable micro mesh fabric–offers a beautiful view of your surroundings; Use the included rainfly in rain, snow, or high winds; Great ventilation with or without rainfly
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Only 3 poles–easy one person set up; Rainfly has built in cut away vents so you don’t get condensation build up like other tents; Lightweight, packs down tight, portable
- HIGH-QUALITY TENT: Durable Oxford footprint protects your tent floor; Extra-high waterproof bath tub floor is made of strong 150D Oxford canvas; Reinforced/heat taped seams and anchor points; Lightweight aluminum poles outlast carbon-fiber varieties
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: TETON Sports’ AMAZING customer service team is one YOU CAN COUNT ON to get your products taken care of and get you back OUTDOORS; #getoutdoors with TETON Sports