Sometimes, the most adventurous people in our lives can be the trickiest to shop for come holiday season. Maybe they spend all weekend in the mountains and all week dreaming about them, can start a roaring campfire in any weather or even build an Adirondack chair out of skis. So what do you get for the person in your life who only wants adventure? Fear not! We’re here to help.
We are gear editors and mothers and adventurous dads and travel writers and explorers. We own and use most of these outdoor gifts in our holiday gift guide, but there are couple still on our wish list.
Whether gifting to yourself or others, here’s to equipping your adventures with functional favorites, specifically catered to those who crave the wild. Note: this article contains affiliate links; your purchases support our daily content at no extra cost to you!
Best Outdoor Gifts of 2018
The Best Outdoor Photography for Your Walls
Kerem Hanci Photography
The first gift on our outdoor gifts list is for everyone; the wild child, the nature lover, the outdoor admirer! We absolutely LOVE these signed, limited edition, fine art nature prints from Kerem Hanci Photography. So, bring the beauty of the outdoors inside to brighten up any space!
The Best Outdoorsy Necklace
Silver Mountain Peak Pendant Women’s Necklace
This Mountain Peak Pendant necklace, is the perfect gift for the outdoorsy woman in your life. Its delicate and minimalist snow-packed peaks whisper to any nature lover, “the mountains are calling.”
- Handmade item
- Solid sterling silver
- Length: 18 inches
- Closure: Lobster claw
- Style: Minimalist
- Chain style: Cable
- Delivered in a beautiful organza gift bag
The Best Fort-Building Tool
Stick-lets Fort Kit
Your Adventurous kid can build a mega fort with this set of 18 Stick-let connectors. Made to turn one of kids’ most time-honored, favorite, renewable toys—the stick—into a building toy.
- Set of 18 connectors for kids constructing with sticks made of flexible silicone
- Comprehensive building kit
- Build forts, toys, animal habitats, geometric shapes, and more
- Connector colors include: 3 Birch Bark White, 3 Grasshopper Green, 3 Huckleberry Blue, 3 Starfish Red, 3 Pardon My Purple, and 3 Monarch Orange
- Great for 1–2 builders, includes tote bag and pamphlet
The Best Stargazing Camping Chair
Camp Solutions Reclining Camping Chair
Relax while camping, hanging out with friends and family on picnics or any outdoor activities with Camp Solution’s reclining camp chair. The camping chair also features a breathable mesh back, which keeps you cool and refreshed at all times. Perfect for relaxing outside on a warm summer’s day.
- Spacious reclining camp chair with built in headrest and footrest. The seating area is made with 600D oxford fabric and features a breathable mesh back for cooling. Chair measures 23’’ x 23’’ x 35.1’’ when setup.
- Convenient and durable mesh cup holders are built into the chair for you to conveniently place your drinks.
- Armrests are also engineered to be the perfect height to ensure that your arm is relaxed at all times.
- No tools required to setup the chair. Simply follow the included instructions to unfold the chair and you are good to go.
- Extremely durable and built with high quality steel. Metal contact points make the chair extremely sturdy and durable. Weight capacity up to 300lbs.
- This reclining camp chair only weighs 10.9lbs. A carry bag is included for easy transportation to and from your outdoor adventures.
The Best Portable Camp Kitchen
Coleman Deluxe Portable Camp Kitchen
Outdoor cooking is a ton of fun, but it’s not always easy to prep your meal on coolers, picnic tables, and car tailgates. Enter the Coleman deluxe Camp Kitchen, a complete outdoor food preparation center that fits inside a compact carrying case. The Camp Kitchen includes a removable dish tub for post-meal cleanup.
The Camp Kitchen is outfitted with a rust-resistant aluminum frame made using heavy-duty channel-extruded aluminum for added strength. More important than the construction, however, is the functionality. The kitchen’s main body includes a moisture-resistant MDF tabletop food prep area with plenty of space for chopping onions and shaping hamburger patties. To the side is a wire-grid extender shelf that easily holds most Coleman and other brands of camping stoves at countertop level. No more cooking on the ground or an unstable stump.
- Fully featured portable camp kitchen offers ample cooking space and a removable sink
- 39.4 x 19.7-inch food prep area ideal for chopping ingredients
- 26.4 x 15-inch side table accommodates most Coleman stoves and coolers
- Handy utensil hooks, paper towel holder, and mesh shelves provide additional storage space
- Folding design fits into a compact case for easy carrying and storage
The Best Action Camera
Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 Action Camera
Can your action camera prove how far, how fast, and how high you went? Garmin’s VIRB Ultra 30, the waterproof HD action camera, can. It captures 4K/30fps video with GPS data overlays. It also has voice control so you can tell the camera to start, stop and “remember that.” For adventures in the wet or snow, you’ll love its LCD display and microphone that work even in the waterproof case. Plus, you can live-stream your video adventures with friends online.
- Crystal clear 4K/30fps footage, 1080p/120fps, or slow motion capability at 720p/240fps
- Built-in GPS and external sensors with connectivity to Garmin devices to capture performance data like speed, elevation, heart rate and G-force
- 1.75-inch lcd color touchscreen display is easy to operate; fully functional in and out of waterproof case
- Shoot hands-free by using voice commands to start/stop recording, take a photo or tag footage
- 3-axis image stabilization captures smooth and steady video up to 1080p/60fps, no matter the terrain.
The Best Beginner Telescope
Celestron 21024 FirstScope Telescope
This simple Newtonian reflector telescope on a rotating tabletop stand makes it easy to view the night sky. FirstScope is a perfect option for any entry-level astronomer.
- 76mm aperture reflector optical tube
- Quality Dobsonian-style telescope features a 76 millimeter optical tube with enough light gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects like the rings of Saturn and the Orion Nebula
- Moveable tube for ease of navigation for viewing
- Lightweight, portable
- Two eyepieces included
The Best Bluetooth Camping Speaker
Anker SoundCore Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Soundcore delivers remarkable sound and incredible build quality at an unbelievable price. Boasting an impressive 24-hour battery life to play your soundtrack all day long, SoundCore takes you on an unforgettable journey. Music is no longer lost in the background, it becomes the core of your adventure.
- Experience your music in full-bodied stereo realized through dual high-performance drivers
- 24-hour/500-song playtime powered by a built-in high capacity li-ion battery and Anker’s industry
- Compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Anker sound core Bluetooth speaker, micro usb charging cable
The Best Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Force Cargo Box
The Thule Force Roof Box features a winning combination of value and space, while still offering key conveniences important to every user. The roof box has a large interior capacity, and utilizes utilizes AeroSkin technology that results in a durable and the aerodynamic shape. Additional features include: tool-free Quick-Grip mounting, oversized SecureLock lid technology, a dual-side lid opening, and four size choices to fit the vehicle and hauling needs of different users.
- Diamond-Textured Aero Skin Lid is durable and the aerodynamic shape helps cut through the air
- Tool-Free Quick-Grip mounting system attaches box to rack in less than 5 minutes
- Oversized Secure Lock ensures the box is closed securely
- Dual-Side Opening for loading/unloading from either side of the vehicle
- Fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- Internal dimensions 78 x 32.5 x 15 inches
The Best Camping Shoe
RockDove Memory Foam Down Camper Shoe
RockDove was created for five birdwatchers of the Los Angeles Audubon Society in 2002, customizing and resoling hiking boots. For fifteen years they helped local birders and hikers protect their feet while they trekked punishing terrains across southern California’s deserts, forests, and mountains.
As a “boot clinic,” when customers had footwear needs, they took note. And they noticed something that was badly missing in their lives—quality indoor footwear to console their trail-weary and travel-weary feet. So for Christmas that year, they handmade five pairs of slippers for their Audubon customers using a low-cut boot last. Using mattress top memory foam, with arch support copied from boots, the idea was to create slippers for extremely tired feet and the rest is history.
- Keeps your feet toasty warm whether indoor or outdoor; terry lined interior provides both comfort and heat insulation without making your feet sweat
- Versatile as indoor shoes for home as well as suitable for stepping outside the house to fetch the paper, check the mailbox, or water the lawn
- High back lip keeps your slipper snug on your foot, so you can walk safely up or down staircases; easy to slip on without a shoehorn
- Cushions and molds to the contours of your foot, so you can relax after a long day of walking or hiking; supported by an extra layer of shock absorbing EVA foam
- Smooth upper material repels hair or dust so they won’t need nearly as much cleaning as wool or fur slippers; and when they do get dirty, simply throw them in the wash; keep temperature settings on cold to prevent damage to the memory foam
The Best RV Generator
A-iPower Inverter Portable Generator
This A-iPower Inverter Generator, provides 1,600-Watt of extremely quiet, lightweight and fuel-efficient power. The SUA2000i comes with an easy to pull recoil start that helps provides an effortless start. It can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home or while camping. Built in parallel kit. Plug and play. Simply connect the two generators with the parallel cables provided for nearly double the power. Exceptionally efficient, it can run 4 to 7 hours on a single tankful of gasoline, depending on load.
- 2,000-Watt Peak; 1,600-Watt running
- Low oil shut down automatically
- 7 hours running time at 50% load
- Built-in easy to read fuel gauge
- Built-in parallel kit and parallel cables included
- 1.1 Gal. fuel tank
- Cast iron sleeves for engine provide durability
- 2 year warranty
The Best Portable Treehouse
TreePod Original Hanging Backyard Tree House
There’s no need for a hammer and nails in order to have a great backyard treehouse! The award-winning TreePod brings the magic of a treehouse fort to your adventurous kid and families everywhere.
- Attaches to any hanging point using durable webbing and a steel quicklink; The fabric is treated with a durable water repellent and a UV-coating for additional sun protection
- Features a zip-up door and mesh windows offering a ready-to-use hideaway adventurous kid will adore while effectively keeping bugs, debris, and foul weather out
- Designed so it can be taken down quickly and tag along anywhere; Ideal for camping, neighborhood parks, play dates, or BBQs
- Fully set up, the TreePod is 7.5ft (2.28m) tall by 5ft (1.52m) wide; Maximum weight capacity is 500lbs (226kg); Kit includes the Pod, sewn guy-lines, frame poles, steel quicklink, and ground stakes
The Best Bug Repellent
Thermacell Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent
Mosquito protection at the push of a button. The easy-to-use Thermacell Radius Zone Mosquito Repellent is rechargeable, scent-free, compact, powerful, and operates with a single refill component. Powered by a Lithium-Ion battery (rather than fuel), Radius creates a 110 square foot mosquito protection zone. Radius is also air travel friendly, consistently operates at any elevation, and was voted Best Camping Gear of 2018 by Outside Magazine!
- Push-button simplicity. Turn it on…Mosquitoes Gone!
- This product is temporarily unavailable in California
- No messy sprays or lotions. Scent-free and DEET-Free.
- Air travel friendly and consistent operation at any elevation
- Rechargeable – 6+ hours of operation per charge, and can operate while charging
- Includes automatic off timer mode
- Lasts up to 40 hours of operation on a single refill (40 hr refill sold separately)
- Compact and powerful. Protects a 110 square foot area
- Package contains: 1 rechargeable Radius Repeller, 1 12-hour refill, and 1 USB battery charger
The Best Adult Boots
MyMayu Storm Boots
Crafted with custom-made materials, MyMayu boots will help you discover just how much you love to Just. Be. Outside. Storm boots also have a gusset that will expand to fit everyone – men and women included! MyMayu’s unique sole design was made to fit real feet to that you can wear these from the street to the trail. Lightweight, packable and comfortable. The minimalist movement is here to stay with MyMayu.
- 3-Layer ECO DWR 500 Denier Waterproof, breathable polyester with Tricot lining
- All materials are durable and conform to highest REACH standards
- Fast drying and easy care
- Ample gusset at front expands to accommodate almost any shape and size of calf
- Generally hits most people at mid calf
- Soft flexible synthetic recyclable rubber
- Free of chemicals like lead, BPA or Phthalates
- Large toe box allowing free movement of toes
- Zero drop and no raised heel with minimal toe lift
The Best Outdoorsy Collector’s Set
Travel Stamps Collectibles
Plan, explore, and commemorate your family’s national park and United States adventures with Travel Stamps! Track your progress across the country using handy maps and checklists, read various fun facts about each state and national park, and collect colorfully illustrated Travel Stamp stickers at each new destination you visit. As your family explores, these books will turn into cherished keepsakes you can revisit time and time again. Will you #see_them_all? Receive 25% off all Travel Stamps books thru December 31, 2018 using promo code: OUTDOORFAMILY at travelstamps.com
- 60 National Park Stamps
- 50 United States, 5 U.S. Territories, and Washington DC Stamps
- Sturdy enough to take on the road, attractive enough to display at home
The Best Campfire Cooking Rod
Snow Peak BBQ Rod Red
Campfires are great, but getting too close to them is not. With Snow Peak’s BBQ Rod, cast aside your fire-issues and then cast your hot dogs, brats, and s’mores supplies into the flames. This fun take on the fishing rod keeps you out of the fire’s way while doing an impressive job of keeping your food skewed and in the perfect position to roast.
- Steel and Bamboo Construction
- Dimensions: 2.8′ (85.3cm)
American Backcountry #Trailsat50 Tee
Welcome to American Backcountry’s 2019 styles! Whether it’s our trail-worthy, limited edition #Trailsat50 tee, our wildlife selection, or our skyline vistas – there is something for everyone. All printed on our signature Repreve Triblend that utilizes recycled water bottles. If you love the outdoors, you’ll love these tees.
- 100% Moisture Wicking Polyester, Built to Last
- Fastest Drying Time in the Industry
- Permanent Moisture Transport Technology
- Built in Anti-Microbial and Anti-Stain Features
The Best Hybrid Jacket
Columbia Women’s Powder Pillow Hybrid Jacket
Price: $76.63 – $186.51
A go-anywhere puffy jacket that’s flattering and ready for adventure, this comfortable and warm women’s winter coat features a new modern fit that flatters the figure and a synthetic down insulation that mimics the softness and warmth of down-but keeps you toasty even when wet. The sleek, supremely comfortable shell fabric is water resistant, a high collar shields your face and neck from the cold, and comfort cuffs help seal out the arctic air.
- 100% Nylon; 100% Polyester
- Zipper closure
- Machine Wash
- Short channel-stitched puffer jacket in water-resistant fabrication featuring contrast side panels and logo at chest
- Synthetic down insulation
- Abrasion-resistant chin guard
- Interior security pocket and zippered hand pockets
- Comfort cuffs
- Drawcord adjustable hem
The Best Kid’s Skisuit
DucKsday Toddler/K Skisuit
DucKsday Toddler/K Skisuits feature a detachable hood; extra-reinforced knees and backside; reflector strips at the shoulders; protected zipper at the chin; zipper pockets; reinforced stitching; and removable boot stirrups. Same waterproof (10000mm) yet breathable (5000 mvp) outer as DucKsday’s Original All-Weather Rainsuit.
- 3M Thinsulate provides warmth without bulk.
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100.
- Available in sizes 98-104cm, 104-110cm, and 110-116cm, fitting most children between the age of 3 to 6.
The Best Outdoorsy Beer Keg
The uKeg is a stainless-steel, vacuum-insulated, pressurized growler that keeps craft beer fresh and carbonated for two weeks or more. It also houses kombucha and speciality cocktails and sparkles wine. The uKeg comes in four different finishes and two sizes (half-gallon and gallon).
An easy-to-use regulator cap, equipped with a low-cost, food-grade CO2 cartridge, partners with an attractive vessel to make the uKeg’s unique benefits possible. Its sturdy design allows the uKeg to go wherever you go so you can enjoy cold, carbonated beverages at any location for every occasion. Includes two 8 gram CO2 cartridges.
Best 100% Merino Wool Socks
Kakuetta Merino Wool Trail Hiking Socks
Natural, non-irritating, Merino wool socks caress the skin with comfort and yet aggressively protects your feet from the harsh elements! Arm Your Feet With High Quality Wool Socks And Stay Safe In the Cold Weather And Dry In the Summer.
- Why they don’t fall apart? Because they are made with Natural Merino wool fibers which are extremely comfortable, yet durable. They resist shrinkage, hold up in the wash, will not tear, pill or overstretch.
- Wicks away moisture, no itch, naturally antimicrobial. A high quality cold weather gear sock ideal for the back country
- Heavyweight durable premium winter socks with extra cushioning, arch, and heel support.
- Trademarked multi-purpose women and mens wool socks for sports, mountain hiking, trekking, climbing, skiing, ski, snowboarding and also perfect for those cold mornings in the office or home
- Designed for outdoors and tactical situations, yet with enough sophistication for the indoors
- Enhanced for comfort with ventilation to perform activities in both indoor and outdoor environments. Cool in the hot summers and warm in the cold winters.
- If you don’t like them, just return them within 30 days for your money back.
The Best Dry Sack
Sea to Summit Lightweight Dry Sack
Price: $5.95 – $26.95
The smallest sizes of the Lightweight Drysacks are bundled together in a nice neat package of three. The 1L, 2L, and 4L are the perfect sizes for organized packing of your smaller essentials. Made from the same 70D waterproof fabric as the regular dry sacks sold individually, these are ideal for small items on all your adventures.
- Much lighter weight and more packable than traditional boating dry bags
- A lot less expensive than other dry bags on the market
- Designed for backpacking, adventure travel and water sports
- Bright white inner laminate for easy visibility of contents
The Best Family Tent Under $100
Coleman Sundome 4 Person Family Camping Tent
Set up camp in a compact, yet spacious tent with the Coleman® Sundome® 4-Person Dome Tent. If it rains, the WeatherTec™ system with its patented welded floors and inverted seams will help you stay dry. A ground vent and two windows increase air circulation to help you stay cool and comfortable. The compact dome shape stands up to wind, and you’ll get extra weather protection from a door awning and an included rainfly. Setup is simple with snag-free, continuous pole sleeves. Inside, there’s enough room to stretch out on a queen-sized airbed, and storage pockets help to keep small items organized. When it’s time to head home, the tent easily packs up into an expandable carry bag with a rip strip until you’re off on your next adventure.
- Sleeps 4 people comfortably
- Stretch Out in Roomy Interior 4-person tent measures 9 ft. x 7 ft. with a 4 ft. 11 in. center height. Fits 1 queen-size airbed. Also available in 2-person, 3-person, and 6-person sizes.
- Keep Cool Two large windows and a ground vent allow for improved air circulation, helping you enjoy a cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
- Stay Dry The WeatherTec system’s tub-like floor uses patented corner welds and inverted seams to help keep water out. Plus, with the hooded rainfly, you can leave the windows open even during downpours.
- Organize Small Items Keep small necessities within reach and off the floor so they don’t get trampled with mesh pockets conveniently sewn into the side of the tent’s walls.
- The best family tent has quick set Up. Snag-free, continuous pole sleeves mean you only have to feed the poles once, shrinking setup time to just 10 minutes.
- Pack Up with Ease When it’s time to head home, the tent easily fits into the included carrying bag, which also expands with a rip-strip for extra storage.
- Floor 1000D Polyethylene, prevents water seeping in om rainy days
- Electric access port for your devices. specifically your kids’ devices, makes it the best family tent
- Polyester tent and fiberglass poles
The Best Daypack
Osprey Daylite Daypack
The Daylite Series started out with humble beginnings, a simple accessory to attach to our larger packs. However, its lightweight, simplicity, durability, comfortable carry and price has proven to be wildly popular, and today their popularity is undeniable. While the Daylite and Daylite Plus continue to serve well as add-on packs for traveling and more, they shine on their own with incredible versatility and are now available in an even more robust color palette than before.
- Large panel-loading main compartment
- Attaches to a variety of compatible Osprey packs (Anther/Ariel AG, Volt/Viva, Ace 75L, Shuttle, Sojourn, Far point 80L, Porter series)
- Side mesh pockets. Spacermesh shoulder straps with integrated handle
- Multi-function interior sleeve for hydration or tablet
- Removable 20 mm webbing pack-stabilizing hip belt
The Best Kid’s Trail Shoe
Merrell Trail Chaser Trail Running Shoes
Price: $27.99 – $114.00*
Built for your adventure seeker, the Merrell Trail Chaser sneaker comes with M SelectTM GRIP for superior traction and a hook & loop closure for a precise and secure fit. An easy-on alternative closure makes it easy for kids to put sneaker on all by themselves.
- Non-marking rubber outsole M Select GRIP
- EVA removable footbed
- Hook and look closure provides precise and secure fit
- Suede and mesh upper
Best Small Kids Sleeping Bag
Kelty Woobie 30 Degree Kids Sleeping Bag
Designed to keep your toddler cozy warm on their first overnight adventures, the Woobie is the perfect starter bag. Sidewall construction and a flip-down top panel ensure their dreams are sweet no matter how much they wiggle around. Stuff sack included. Recommended for children up to 6 years old.
- Recommended for ages up to 6 years
- Cloud Loft Insulation
- Total Weight: 2lb 4 oz. (1.02 kg)
- Fits up to 4 Feet, 6 Inches
- Stuff Size: 9 x 15 Inch
The Best Big Kids Sleeping Bag
Big Agnes Duster 15 Kids’ Synthetic Mummy Sleeping Bag
Finally, a piece of gear you don’t have to replace every year as your child grows! The Duster is a warm, cozy Big Agnes System bag that will grow with you lil camper from tot to teen. Offering a customizable fit system, the Duster can be sized down to keep your littlest snug as a bug, and then simply un-clip the loop and closure for more room and space as needed for size and comfort. Start ’em young!
- The Duster offers customizable fit allowing the bag to grow with your little camper from tot to teen; Fits campers from 4’5″ to 5’6″
- No-draft collar, No-draft wedge, No-draft zipper keep warm air in a cold air out; Sculpted mummy contour allows the bag to drape around you, increasing insulation performance and providing warmth in temperatures down to 15 degrees
- Contoured hood follows the shape of your head for a cozy, comfortable fit; Low profile cordlock makes it easy to un-cinch the hood with one hand; Soft, snuggly polyester lining on hood and interior
- No more slipping off your pad at night; Integrated half pad sleeve keeps the bag attached to the pad while allowing your legs to move freely; The backless design provides a roomier sleeping experience without adding pack bulk
- The Wolverine is lightweight and packable for backpacking, weighing only 2 lb 14 oz and packing down to 10 x 11 in.; Mesh storage sack & nylon stuff sack included; Polyester rip-stop shell fabric has a water repellent finish;
- Interior liner loops
The Best Adult Sleeping Bag
Marmot Trestles 15 Cold-Weather Mummy Sleeping Bag
Price: $109.00 – $275.27
Featuring SpiraFil high-loft insulation, the Trestles mummy-style sleeping bag retains the exceptional warmth, softness, and compressibility of a natural down bag, with the added moisture resistance that comes with synthetic insulation. It is also EN rated as comfortable for men to the lower limit of 15 degrees Fahrenheit. The Trestles’s combination wave construction offers warmth and maximum loft on top, and a plush, blanket-like feel on the bottom—keeping your body in comfort all night long.
- Mummy-style 15-degree sleeping bag for backpacking, camping, and other outdoor activities
- Maximum warmth/durable SpiraFil high-loft insulation; EN rated as comfortable for men at a lower limit of approximately 15 degrees Fahrenheit
- Anatomically shaped footbox for more wiggle room and less heat buildup
- Regular: Weight: 4 lbs., 8 oz.; pack volume: 762.8ci (12.5 liters); interior length: 75″; 70D 100% polyester, 2.2 oz/yd; 70D 100% embossed polyester, 2.2 oz/yd
- Long: Weight: 4 lbs., 12.6 oz.; pack volume: 860.4ci (14.1 liters); interior length: 82″; 70D 100% polyester, 2.2 oz/yd; 70D 100% embossed polyester, 2.2 oz/yd
The Best Family Sleeping Bag
Teton Sports Fahrenheit Mammoth Double Sleeping Bag
Price: $124.99 – $153.04
When you want to cuddle while you camp, choose the TETON Sports Fahrenheit Mammoth Sleeping Bag. You’ll be warm, comfortable, and have plenty of room for two. The 100% cotton flannel lining feels like soft bed sheets, zipper and shoulder draft tubes keep the cold air out, and offset seams distribute our SuperLoft Elite fill evenly to eliminate chilly spots.
Mummy-style hood keeps your head warm and off the ground and its three no-snag, self-repairing zippers open on either side or the bottom, so you can adjust ventilation or enjoy two giant comforters.
- Soft cotton flannel lining; Zipper and shoulder draft tubes keep the warm air in; Unzips on each side and the bottom for easy access; SuperLoft Elite fiber fill and double-layer construction work together to keep you warm
- Warm from the time you get in flannel liner and tear-resistant taffeta shell can withstand years of use
TETON Sports provides a durable compression sack for stuffing your sleeping bag into; No need to roll it up and fight to get it in the sack; Simply start at the bottom and stuff the bag in; see our instructional videos
- Double sleeping bag is longer and wider than queen-sized mattress; 94×62 inches (239×157 cm)
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
The Best Adventure Pet Collapsible Bowl
COMSUN Collapsible Dog Bowl
Need a bowl that is simple, lightweight, and takes up minimal space? Want to easily feed & hydrate your loveable dog on the go? Join a growing family of pooch lovers & make mealtime more enjoyable for you and your pet! Each fun colored collapsible bowl is ready for any adventure!
- Collapsible pet bowl is 5.1 inches wide, 2.1 inches height, each bowl holds up to 12 fluid ounces of water or 1.5 cups of pet food. – 0.5 inches when compact – simply pop-Up and then fold away
- Made with high quality flexible food-grade silicone, 100% leadfree, BPA-free.
- The bowl’s durable silicone construction means that they can be rinsed or wiped clean after use.
- Non-Slip collapsible dog bowl set includes color-matching carabiners – clip it or collapse it to your backpack, purse, dog travel crate, dog training leash or collapse flat for your pocket, stroller, glovebox AND MORE!
- Lifetime warranty, 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
The Best Portable Solar Charger
Secur SP-6002 7 Watt Solar Pack
Compact folding 7-watt solar panel with Smart Chip technology. Charge cell phones directly (including iPhone5) and iPad without an intermediate battery. Charge any USB digital devices or batteries directly cell phone, smartphone, tablet, iPod, GPS, camera, radio, portable batteries. Built-in female USB plug. Lightweight, folding solar panel is the perfect solution for charging digital devices on the go. Includes a water resistant pouch with built-in USB port.
- 2 monocrystalline solar panels, Water Resistant Travel Pouch
- Smart chip technology to control voltage levels and allow direct charging of any digital device
- Lightweight and durable, no breakable glass covers
- Durable sun proof UVB protective material
- Folded solar pack is 7 in. x 9.5 in., unfolds to 9.5 in. x 20 in.
The Best Portable Water Bottle
EcoVessel Summit TriMax Stainless Steel Water Bottle
When you want the convenience of one-handed, tilt free drinking, reach for the Summit Insulated Straw Bottle. The Summit’s ergonomic shape makes it easy to grip whether you’re on the trails, in yoga class or cruising around town. The Summit reusable sports water bottle with a straw features our signature TriMax Insulation, so your drinks will stay cold up to 36 hours. Grab the Summit, flip up the spout, and stay hydrated with fresh, cold water all day long. The Summit sports bottle is compatible with the Perk and Boulder lids.
- The triple insulation will keep your drinks cold and fresh for 36 hours
- EcoVessel has constructed the durable Summit insulated water bottle from food grade premium 18/8 stainless steel with no BPA, no phthalates, no liners
- The Summit’s ergonomic shape makes it easy to grip whether you’re on the trails, in yoga class or cruising around town
- When you want the convenience of one-handed, tilt free drinking, reach for the Summit Insulated Straw Bottle.
- The silicone spout is removable for cleaning and replacement
- Interchangeable with Boulder style top and Perk lid
- TriMax Triple Insulation Keep Beverages COLD for up to 36 Hours
- Easy-flip Silicone Straw Spout
- Slim Profile Fits Most Cup holders
- Integrated Carrying Loop
The Best Outdoorsy Kids Music
“Winterland” by The Okee Dokee Brothers
The GRAMMY Award-winning duo, The Okee Dokee Brothers, embark on an experience of a lifetime as Joe Mailander and Justin Lansing celebrate the spirit of the winter season on their latest full-length studio album. Following their critically-acclaimed Adventure Album trilogy (Can You Canoe?, Through the Woods, and Saddle Up), The Okee Dokee Brothers release an exuberant yet introspective collection of 16 original songs exploring the wonders and beauty of winter. A voyage from autumn to spring, Winterland presents secular winter music the entire family can enjoy while cozying up around the fire. Winterland embraces the cycles of loss and new life, darkness and light, bitter cold and warmth. It explores winter as not only a season defined by the weather, but as a feeling we carry within. Join The Okee Dokee Brothers as they welcome you to experience a refreshing, wide-eyed view of the most exciting time year. Ten percent of all album sales will benefit Askov Finlayson’s Keep the North Cold initiative, which supports leading-edge climate solutions in the North and across the country. Catch the band live on tour this winter.
The Best Portable Jump Starter
Weego 44 Jump Starting Power Pack
Have more peace of mind and independence traveling on land and sea, this ultra-compact, safe and reliable multi-functional tool jumps dead batteries, charges phone, tablets and laptops, powers 12V devices including camping equipment, and lights your way with an ultra-bright LED flashlight, strobe and SOS. Every family vehicle should have one.
- Weighs less than 2 lbs. and fits under the seat or in a glovebox
- Smarty Clamps® make jump starting foolproof
- Water, dust and dirt resistant
- Up to 2-years standby time on a single charge
WOOM Bikes Kid Helmet
Kids have their own mind – and we have the best protection for it. The head proportions of children and adults are very different. That’s why we have adapted the WOOM Kids Helmet to the specific requirements of children.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Best Kid’s Bike
Woom 3 Pedal Bike 16″
WOOM Bikes builds the lightest and most refined bikes for kids of all ages. Every detail is purposefully crafted to design the best and most enjoyable bike experience for your child. Their ultimate goal is to help kids safely discover the magic of childhood on two wheels.
- The 16” Woom 3 is the perfect bike to improve riding and handling skills. Bike Weight: 12.7 lb;
- Designed for ages 4 to 6 years or overall height 41″-47”. Bell and kickstand are pre-installed
- Cranks: Narrow and child-proportioned Q-factor. The length and width of the WOOM bikes cranks are purposefully designed to match the ergonomics of a child. Optimal gearing ratio covers all riding styles and uses
- Handlebar designed for small hands with a 0.74 inches diameter
The Best Trekking Poles
Montem Ultra Light Carbon 3K Trekking Poles
The Ultra Light Carbon 3K poles combine their 100% carbon fiber telescoping shafts with the ultra light weight of 7.8 oz per pole for easy, strong, and light use.
Still the same lightweight and resilient build of our original model, but even stronger and less likely to break. The key is in the new 3K design — woven 100% carbon fiber that responds more naturally to pressure, allowing the poles to withstand even more force on your journey.
The Best Outdoorsy Book
Hike it Baby
Hike it Baby presents the 100 best outdoor adventures that you can take with babies and toddlers (really!) along with everything you need to know about traveling and exploring the natural world as a new family. Sourced from real families using Hike it Baby’s trail-tested system that rates safety, support, and small child accessibility, this book offers 100 trips of a lifetime that keep first-time moms and dads happily in their comfort zone, yet feeling like hardcore adventurers! Whether you’ve always wanted to hike part of the Appalachian Trail, meet giant Sequoias, or bike around the rim of Crater Lake with your little one, this book shows you how to plan a truly memorable journey together.
The Best Bungee Cord System
The Patented, Build-A-Bungee Kit is available with 1/4” or 5/16” stretch cord and comes complete with 3 pair (6 pieces) of black, adjustable, non-scratching hooks for building customized bungee cords. A great replacement for any shock cord or custom application. Great for cargo racks, ATV’s, trucks, tarps and more–the uses are endless. The cord can be cut to various lengths or left whole and safely stretches up to 2x its original length. Available in Black and Military Green.
- (1) piece of 10’ stretch rope / cord
- 3 pairs (6 pieces) adjustable nylon herringbone ends
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Check out these other awesome Outdoorsy Gift Guides!
The Gift Guide For Everyone On Your List 2018 | Bring-the-kids.com
The Best Gifts for Skiers | BraveSkiMom.com
A Holiday Gift Guide for Active Kids (with giveaways) | Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies
The Best Adventure-Inspired Gifts for Outdoorsy People | Hiking in my Flip Flops
Gift Guide for Ski Families | Mountain Mom and Tots
Outdoor Family Gift Guide | 2018 Tales of a Mountain Mama
The Best Gifts for Travelers | Traveling Mel
Ethical Gifts for the Outdoor Family (+ Giveaway) | Born to be Adventurous
Holiday Gift Guide for Lovers of the Outdoors | Play Outside Guide
Gift Guide for Adventure Travelers and Outdoor Lovers | Nomads with a Purpose
2018 Ultimate DIY, Handmade Guide for Your Wild Child | Wilder Child
Your Guide to Cool Camping Gifts and Gadgets for Families | Little Family Adventure